Spray Tan in Cape Town
We all love that radiant, healthy, bronzed, just walked off the beach look but from a young age we are taught that the excess UV rays of the sun or a sun bed is not good for our skin - spray tanning has become the healthy alternative that delivers stunning results without any risk, and in a fraction of the time!
Glow Cape Town uses only the best products on your skin, products trusted by celebrities worldwide as the optimal solution for the perfect natural looking tan.
Why Spray Tan?
- Ultra Violet (UV) rays from exposure to the sun and sun beds play a significant part in the rapid rise in skin cancer.
- South Africa has one of the highest incidences of skin cancer and dermatologists are increasingly reporting cases of skin cancer in younger age groups.
- It is the healthy way to tan – no damaging effects of the sun ie. no sunburn.
Where is this done?
- We are based in Kirstenhof, in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town. Appointments generally last approx 10 minutes.
Preparing for your spray tan
- Exfoliate your entire body either the night before or the morning of your appointment
- Use a foot file on your feet if necessary
- Shave or wax at least 8 hours before your tan
- Do not use any cream, deodorant or perfume before your tan
- Do not wear any make up
- Wear dark coloured underwear or bikini to be tanned in
- Long hair must be tied up
- Bring dark loose fitting clothing to change into after the appointment
After your spray tan
- Wait for 6 to 8 hours before you bath or shower
- Do not exercise, sweating will affect the results of the tan
- Do not apply lotions or make up in the first 6 to 8 hours
- Do not wear tight fitting clothing in the first 6 to 8 hours
- After 6 to 8 hours shower or bath to wash the bronzer off
- When drying, rather dab the skin dry than rub with the towel
- Moisturize well
Maintaining your tan
- Avoid long, hot showers and baths
- Avoid swimming in pools with a high chlorine content
- Use a water resistant sunblock when on the beach or swimming
- Moisturize daily
- Gentle exfoliation every second or third day will ensure that your tan fades evenly
- Avoid using baby oil and shower gels as well as products containing alcohol, witch hazel, Retin A, bleaching agents and hair removal creams
Have any more questions about spray tanning?
Click here to view our new FAQ page where the most common questions about spray tanning are covered.
**** Please note Glow is not responsible for any possible contraindications that may occur as a result of a spray tan application. Not recommended for very sensitive skin. ****